I hope this Monday is treating you well so far. I’ve had a calm day myself, a bit of volunteering, lunch with a friend and some practicing for my exam tomorrow. The topic is English Syntax, Phonetics & Phonology, and Semantics. All fun topics. It should go okay. I doubt I’ll get an A, but maybe a B and honestly… I don’t care that much so long as I pass and don’t have to do it over.
I had a pretty good week. Flubbed on a couple of my to-dos but on the bright side I did hit my 9hs, by the skin of my teeth. I probably would’ve managed the last to-dos too, at least a bit, if not for the fact that my computer had a complete breakdown on Sunday. I just couldn’t be arsed to figure out how to reach my goals from the laptop when my files are on the desktop, so insted I just drafted random things. Other than that, here’s what I’ve done this week:
- Wrote for 9h. Starting earlier in the week really helped.
- Did a tiny bit of conlanging.
- Did Flash Fiction Friday!
- Went to crit group.
- Picked a new project for crit group, and drafted a new first chapter for that project. I look forward to seeing what the others in my group think of this project,
- I didn’t manage to finish the entire Going Home rewrite, but I made some progress. If not for the computer, I think I would’ve finished, or mostly finished, it.
- I didn’t start poking #12for12Stories again, but I did decide I would do #12for12stories for my Camp NaNo project. The goals will be: finish February’s story, actually draft one for March, and one for April. I’m thinking a 10k goal. We’ll see how it goes.
So what about this coming week?
- Spend 9 productive hours on writing. I’m really tempted to increase the goal since I managed last week, but I know that’s probably over-confident.
- Do more conlanging! More new words this week.
- Submit the first chapter of a new story to my crit group. Well, the story isn’t new, I drafted it for NaNo in 2014, but it’s new for the crit group.
- Edit aforementioned first chapter.
- Actually, actually finish editing Going Home, and start looking at Dress Rehearsal Rag.
- Poke at #12for12stories.
- Do Flash Fiction Friday, of course.
Should be a good week! I have the exam tomorrow, and then a single class session. Some day job stuff, sure, with a fair lot of stuff to do, but I should have a good bit of time for both writing and relaxing! I only have two weeks left at my current day job, which feels hella weird… A lot of changes this year. But it should be okay.
And now, it’s bedtime.