I’m in the upside down! No wait, I mean I’m in Aotearoa New Zealand. Much less scary than the upside down. There are a lot of precocious birds here but I do not consider that scary. I’ve been in hardcore tourist mode for my first week or two of the trip, apart from the first weekend when I was at Lexicon (during which time I was in hardcore panel-going mode instead). I’ve had a fantastic trip so far, seen a lot of cool things and gotten to meet some awesome friends (old and some new). I’m a bit behind on putting up photos, but if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you can see and read what I get up to.
I’m currently in Wellington, and trying to shift gears and turn this trip into the writing-trip it was meant to be. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve still got things to see but I am also excited to get my creatitivty flowing again after much excellent inspiration from both the convention (which I probably should blog about at some point but we’ll see) and the trip itself. As such, I’m getting back into blogging and weekly writing goals. This week they are:
- Write an average of 3h/day. This is a bit high for me compared to the spring but then again I had so much going on in the spring, and if I compare to last summer when I had time off it’s not that high of a goal.
- Finish the final scene left in the Going Home rewrite and mostly finish the Dress Rehearsal Rag rewrite.
- Maaaybe start poking another blog (final) post about said rewrite.
- Get back into conlanging.
- Do Flash Fiction Friday.
- Start on my next submission for my crit group. I have a long deadline on this one since I’ll be missing this month’s meeting, but even so I wanna make sure I don’t end up rushing to get it finished once I’m back home.
I’m gonna be in Wellington all week and while I have a lot left to see I’m feeling pretty good about my writing-prospects too. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to visit a bookshop and attempt not to spend money. Unless I find a Maori grammar, in which case all bets are off!