My goodness, this past week! Lovelies, I have not been managing my time well, especially with regard to my reading for uni. This weekend I was so incredibly swamped with reading and assignments and honestly, none of it was a big deal on its own. The problem was I let it all clump up for me at the end of the week. So today I sat down to plan my reading for next week, and hopefully I’ll be able to keep that habit up in the coming weeks. Life is quite busy right now, and I’m really enjoying school but simultaneously really feeling the itch to write all the time. Not necessarily write the things that I’m supposed to be working on, but hey, still better than not feeling in the mood. Last night I even managed to write 2k on various projects (even though I had a ton of studying to do *cough*).
Anyway, here’s what I did last week in terms of writing:
- Spent about 6h on writing, 1h below my goal but still pretty decent.
- Had my Thursday evening stream, which involved writing some flash fiction and also doing some conlanging for the first time in a few weeks which felt awesome!
- Posted the flash fiction piece, Claire the Starship Engineer, here on the blog.
- Wrote a test-snippet for a new story idea. Well, half a test-snippet. Still good, though.
- Added 1k to the draft of the third Orryn novella. I really need to get a handle on how much more the draft needs…
- Got some good progress on my “project overview” Scrivener file.
- Started working on a piece of Harry Potter fanfic. Because apparently that’s the sort of 30 year crisis I’m going to have.
This is the first week in a while where I’ve met all my writing goals! Well, except for getting 6h out of 7, but since I managed the other goals I don’t see that as a miss, really. So, with that positivity at my back, let’s steam ahead to my goals for this week:
- Spend 9h on writing. That’s right, I’m turning it up a bit now that I (hopefully) have a better handle on my studies. And since I’m in a such a writing mood, I figure I might as well…
- Do my Thursday Evening Tea Time stream, with writing and conlanging or maybe worldbuilding.
- Post a Flash Fiction Friday post.
- Continue working on my overview Scrivener file.
- Draft a blog post about my “101 things in 1001 days”-list.
- Add at least 2k to the Orryn draft.
- Pick a project for NaNoWriMo! Since I’m so busy right now, I figure it’s best that I pick a project now so that I have all of October to prep stuff. It’s gonna be hard to chose. I have so many book ideas and honestly, I feel like I’m in the mood for all of them right now. It’s a nice problem to have, though.
I’m feeling pretty good about this coming week. Today was busy and tomorrow will be too, but the rest of the week should be pretty smooth sailing. Good night, lovelies!