After my little setback last week, this week I feel like I’ve really gotten back into the groove. In spite of a busy week at work and socially, I have:
- Read through a few more chapters of my current MS. I’m really enjoying working with it, but I’ve come to realize that it’s gonna need a lot more work than I’d originally realized. The scope of what I need to change, add and improve is larger than I thought. Consequently, instead of being my main project for the foreseeable future, I think I’m going to need to work on it in batches and have breaks in-between stages of development. So for now, it’s my main project until NaNo, and then we’ll see.
- Posted for Flash Fiction Friday. It was my first time doing a less literal interpretation of my image prompt, which was fun.
- Made some subtle progress with my map, but forgot to do a Worldbuilding Wednesday post. I don’t know what it is about Wednesdays, but somehow by the time I get home from work, I’ve lost track of what day it is entirely.
- Picked up the proof copies of Going Home and Dress Rehearsal Rag. Wooh! They look good! I need to give them a proper once-over, and then it’s ordering time. Very exciting!
- Brainstormed my new-old idea. I’m extremely excited about it, but I’m not sure if I’ll have an outline read for Nano and this is an idea I don’t want to go into without an outline.
All in all, it’s been a good, productive week! Let’s hope for more of the same in the coming week, during which I plan to:
- Keep working on that MS. No rush, but little by little.
- Keep working on the story I sorta wanna do for NaNo, and at least start on a very sketchy outline.
- Actually post for Worldbuilding Wednesday with a map update!
- Post a Flash Fiction Friday post.
- Actually plan the dang giveaway! Enough procrastinating, Emma!
- Order a number of copies of my book, and approve them for sale (provided I don’t find anything wrong with the proofs on closer inspection).
Should be doable! Now I’m off to an early night, it’s been a long and fun day.