You guys, I’ve had such a great NaNoWriMo-week. I’m super excited about the project I’m working on and having a lot of fun drafting it. My pace is quite a bit higher than it’s been the last few NaNos too, which is a great feeling. The project is a YA novel, the first in a series of 3 or 4 books (both YA and proper series are a bit new to me so that’s exciting and challenging), and the genre is fantasy in a standard pseudo-medieval setting. I write a fair bit of fantasy but haven’t in a while so that’s also enjoyable. I’m currently at 23k and might even hit 25k later tonight if I put my back into it. I’ve never reached 25k before the halfway mark before so I’m very optimistic about this! So, this week I have:
- Kept working on NaNo, writing 2-2.5k per day except on Sunday when I wrote a bit over 4k
- Started on the November exercises in One Year to a Writing Life, which involves editing a short story
- Posted about the October chapter.
- Kept working on Going Home. I didn’t get quite as much done as I wanted, but I do have an ISBN and a nice list of blogs to “court” now, as well as a link to a website with a lot of free fonts.
And next week I will:
- Keep hitting 2k per day or more for NaNo
- Do a few more exercises from One Year to a Writing Life
- Upload a couple of things on Wattpad
- Keep working on the cover of Going Home and various book-launch/marketing related things.
Right, I’m only at 500 words so far today so I’d best be off and get typing. Hope everyone’s had as good a week as I have!