Boy, I have had a busy week. In the fun, energizing way, not the run around like a chicken with your head cut off way (which is a nice change, truth be told). There’s a satisfaction in feeling that you’ve been productive that I enjoy thoroughly. This week, for the first time since I started setting up weekly goals here on the blog, I have done more than I set out to do. Exceeding my goals is not something that I, in general, strive for as a norm (largely because I think habitually doing so means you’re setting your goals too low), but it is really nice to do it once in a while.
Here’s what I’ve been up to during this most productive of weeks:
- I posted an article about the subscription service Nerd Block on Hubpages. Please check out my other articles (only two so far) while you’re there!
- I posted two new haikus on Wattpad.
- I started doing this month’s exercises from One Year to a Writing Life. I only have one exercise left, so for once I’m not doing everything at the last minute.
- I did a fair bit of planning for my NaNo project, including a rough outline, giving it a working title and setting up a short synopsis for it on the NaNoWriMo homepage. Check it out!
- I worked on the cover for Going Home a little, and also read up on what requirements the venues I plan to publish through have.
- I did my daily writing, to a total of ~500 words, so I didn’t reach my planned 1.2k but…
- I also wrote ~1.5k as part of a communal writing project called Novel In a Day, where a bunch of people each write one chapter of a novel. I joined the project rather spontaneously and enjoyed it quite a bit. I will be posting about it later in the week.
So, is next week going to be as productive as this one has been? Considering that NaNoWriMo start on Saturday, I quite hope so. Either way, this week I will:
- Do my daily writing, aiming for at least 1k before NaNo starts (after which my daily word count will obviously have to be higher.
- Work a little on my cover, or another aspect of getting Going Home ready to be published, every day.
- Finish the last exercise in this chapter of One Day to a Writing Life and start reading the next chapter.
- Post about Novel In a Day here on the blog.
- Start working on my NaNo project!
It should be a fun week! If you’ve taken the time to check out my NaNo synopsis, please let me know what you think of it! I normally don’t do very well with synopses, and rarely come up with a title for a piece until after the first draft is done, at the earliest, so I’m pretty excited about this one! It’s threatening to be a series (possibly a trilogy), which is a bit scary because that’s not something I ever seriously imagined myself doing.
Oh, and, I have a pretty exciting announcement coming Saturday so keep your eyes peeled!
Wow that sounds like an amazing week, Emma! All the best for NaNo next week – fingers crossed your productivity takes you through November 🙂
It was! Thanks for reading and RT:ing!