One week into NaNo, and I am off to a slow but steady start. I am behind, for sure, but I am slowly catching up. Yay for that! I’m really enjoying working on this story, but there’s an edge of nervousness to that enjoyment because I really want it to turn out not just good but, specifically, pretty. Pretty prose is not a good thing to aim for during NaNo! But I’m trying to push past the feeling and just get the words down. I can make them pretty later! In total, here’s what I did the first week of NaNo:
- Spend 13h writing! I even think that’s a slight underestimation. But yay! 3 hours above my goal! Go me!
- Finished the Orryn #3 draft! Double yay!
- Started NaNoWriMo! I am currently 1 1/2 chapters and about 7k words in. I should be at about 10k, but that’s not too awfully behind.
- Did Thursday Morning Tea Time with some conlanging. Yay!
I didn’t work on the short story at all. I decided a slow-going NaNo was not the right time to do that. So my Patreon will have to wait until December to get properly started, but that’s ok. I don’t mind. I also skipped my Flash Fiction post because my brain was full of NaNo. My plan for this week is quite simple:
- Spend 14h writing.
- Make progress on catching up, by hitting at least 18k by the end of the week.
- Do Thursday Morning Tea Time with conlanging (I might do flash fiction, if I get a particular idea).
- Outline a short for the Love & Bubbles anthology! Or rather, for figuring out if it’s appropriate for said anthology.
I honestly wish I didn’t have anything but writing-stuff on my to-do list this week. Alas, that is not the case! There are school things and work things and some general humaning things to be done. Still, it should shape up to be a good writing week!