So… I got fuckall done this week. But instead on dwelling on that, and the reasons why, I’m going to focus on all the things I did do, not this past week but the whole past year. A bit of a recap, to remind myself that I am in fact moving forward and getting stuff done even when it doesn’t feel like it. So, in 2015 I:
- Selfpublished Dress Rehearsal Rag, the sequel to Going Home, on Kindle and other digital formats. This was my second finished novella, and I’m quite proud of it.
- Set up Createspace versions of both books, so that they can now be bought as paperbacks. Great news for those of you who don’t like reading on screens!
- Hosted a big giveaway where a lucky winner recieved some exlusive artwork based on Going Home. A sister-giveaway for Dress Rehearsal Rag will be coming in 2016 (date as of yet undetermined).
- Started by own business! That’s right, I’m an entrepreneur! Still feels odd to think of myself as such, but it’s the gospel truth. I do my own bookkeeping and everything. My main source of income was from translation gigs (English to Swedish, and sometimes Danish to Swedish), which funded both proofreading of both my novellas, formatting of the Createspace versions and the cover for the second book and cover wraps for both books. The income from my writing is still in the “a bit of change” range, but it feels awesome to be earning anything at all.
- Launched a pen name, under which I write erotica. I only have 3 shorts out so far, but I will be continuing on that side-track when the mood strikes.
- Drafted a relationship-drama-with-a-side-order-of-political-thriller-and-exploration-of-cultural-norms-in-space for Camp NaNoWriMo in April
- Drafted the three shorts published under the aforementioned pen name for Camp NaNoWriMo in July.
- Drafted part one in a multi-part fantasy story about kickass women (and one young woman in particular) challenging dated and dangerous forms of government for NaNoWriMo in November. At 75k (my personal best for NaNo), the draft is still 10-20k short of being complete, but that’s okay, I love it anyway.
- Launched two new “regular headlines”, Worldbuilding Wednesday and Flash Fiction Friday, which I’ve been posting under pretty consistently (the latter more than the former) since launching. They’ve both been a lot of fun!
- Made the (terrifying and exciting) decision to launch a patreon very shortly, as a light hearted project to keep my school work from taking over entirely during what promises to be a very academic spring.
You know, there might be more stuff I’ve done that I’m forgetting but honstely, I feel better already! I’ve had a pretty productive year, no?
Yes! A pretty productive year indeed 🙂
Surpringly, yes! 😀