Exciting news, guys! I am in your interwebz, streaming! Technically, I started streaming in April (or was it May) with a few stray Sims 4 streams, but now I’m starting it proper. Starting this week, you can see me on my channel on Twitch on Mondays at 7 a.m. (for bullet journal prep and morning musings), on Thursdays at 10 p.m. (for worldbuilding and flash fiction writing) and on Saturdays at 3 p.m. (for Sims 4). All times are Swedish time (CEST), use a time zone converter to find out what time that is in your time zone! I had my first stream this morning and other than one dude who was fond of Minecraft it was unwatched, but I still had fun.
Getting into streaming, and also blowing some life into my YouTube channel starting (I hope) this weekend, is partially because I just think it seems like fun, and partially because I have some vague idea of changes I’d like to make to my so called “online prescence”, stuff I’d like to do more or less as a way of connecting with people. So yeah, if you use Twitch and happen to be online at those times, I hope you’ll throw me a follow and stop by to say hi!
Other than freak out completely about streaming schedules and then feeling completely calm about it the moment I’d decided on which times to try out, here’s what I did last week:
- Spent like 20ish hours on writing and writing-adjacent stuff. It’s sort of hard to say because I do count some of my streaming research as writing-adjacent, but I don’t count all the unnecessary time I spent just worrying about it, so I sort of lost count there toward the end.
- Hit 24k for Camp NaNoWriMo!
- Worked on my conlang a bit, not quite 20 words but a lot of transferring and formatting to my dictionary file.
- Wrote a piece called The Capybara for Flash Fiction Friday!
- Worked on a short story!
I forgot, again, to update Smashwords though. It’s on top of my list for next week, and I’ve already put it in my bullet journal as a weekend activity. This week I will:
- Win Camp NaNo. Actually, technically I already have but it still counts as part of this week’s goals.
- Spend 20h on writing.
- Finish some beta reading that’s a bit overdue.
- Post something for Flash Fiction Friday. And write it live on stream, too!
- Skim through my Camp NaNo draft and make a new outline and list of missing scenes.
- Work more on that short.
- Participate in a week-long challenge on the conlang board I hang at. I’ve already done some super fun stuff for that today and look forward to the next of the week!
That’s about it, really! Should be a good week!