- Wrote for 8h. 2/3 of my goal. I am not pleased.
- I wrote a short piece for Flash Fiction Friday! It was a little spur of the moment piece, but I am quite happy with how it came out.
- I started working on the next crit group submission, though not as much as I would’ve liked.
- Conlanged a tiny bit.
- Completely put off the last scene of the Going Home rewrite.
There’s this mistake I keep making where, on a weekday, I’ll go “well, I’m working today so let’s not put too much on my to do list” whereas on a weekend I’ll go “well, I’ve got these two large/time-consuming social things planned but surely I can still put a bunch of things on my to-do list”, and then it turns out I’ve put too much on it. In short, my to-do lists become very weekend heavy even when it’s not appropriate. This week I’m going to try to make an effort to actually start chipping away at my to-do list early on in the week, so that my weekend is more balanced. And if my weekend end up being calm, then I can just do extra things!
That being said, chances are I’ll end up leaving a lot of my writing for the weekend anyway this week. It’s a pretty heavy school week. On Friday I have an exam and I submit a linguistics paper. I have finished the basic research required but not actually started on the paper yet as I assumed it would be due at the end of the term (end of May) and I apparently don’t read information very thoroughly. This is basically the last week of term for me. I have an oral exam next week and a vocabulary exam at the end of the month but those are very short, and very easy respectively so I don’t feel like they really count. So one busy week and then it’s smooth sailing, school wise. Here’s my writing goals this week:
- 10h writing
- Flash Fiction Friday! This will probably be a piece related to my upcoming Blades in the Dark campaign. Fun!
- 20 new conlanging words (I’m already at 5, yay). I want to work a bit on grammar stuff too but that’s harder to make concrete goals around.
- That final Going Home scene (the 1st draft of the rewrite, at least. I can edit it next week).
- Finish my submission for crit group! I think I have about 2k out of 6, but those 2k need rewriting. I do have an outline though!
The last two, and especially the Going Home goal, will definitely be a weekend thing. I look forward to the weekend.