As I’ve mentioned, I’ve been brainstorming a bit about the future of the Orryn series lately and I have to tell you… at this point I am virtually swimming in ideas. It seems I can barely turn around without coming up with some new aspect I want to explore, a new theme or incident, a new perspective or reaction from one of the characters. It is a really awesome feeling, and simultaneously it is a little frustrating because I am so pressed for time right now. Still I’m going to enjoy this inspirational high while I can, and keep doing exploratory writing even if it’ll be a while before I can really get stuck into it. Annoyingly, the only part that my head isn’t brimming with ideas for is what happens just after the events of Dress Rehearsal Rag. I have things that take place from a couple of years later to maybe a decade later, but there is one or two puzzle pieces missing in-between. Irritating! Still, you don’t look a gift idea in the mouth just because it didn’t bring enough friends.
This week I have:
- Posted some flash fiction on Friday.
- Commited some worldbuilding ideas to
paperfile. I’ve also been thinking a bit about what to do with my Worldbuilding Wednesdays now that I’m not actively working on my map. I have a few ideas but nothing concrete yet. I would like to post things more often though, whether it be tools or tips or little tidbits of my worldbuilding. We’ll see…
- Wrote a few exploratory scenes for future Orryn books (see above).
- Neglected my patreon project. BUT I have good reasons. Some stuff has been going on in my life and in my head lately that had made me question the direction I wanted the project to go in. Now I’ve made some crucial decisions, so it’ll hopefully be easier to work on it going forward. Yay for that!
So, full speed forward. This coming week:
- Actual work on patreon thing
- More exploratory Orryn-ing! (Honestly, if anything I think I have to put a cap on how much of that I’m allowed to do).
- Flash Fiction Friday
- Pondering about whether I should do a (low word count) Camp NaNo or not.
I’m sticking to that this week since I’m having such fun with Orryn.
And now, dear readers, I’m off to enjoy this weeks episode of TWD!